Sunday 18 June 2017

Camp Hearties 2017- Week 3

Camp Hearties
Week 3- HV Life
Judged by: Ben Rosenbaum
Guest Judge: Eva Bourne

Ben's Brownie Points were awarded to:
This was a very difficult week for handing out points. Every team did such a fantastic job! So rich with details! So creative! I'm really impressed, campers! However, points must be assigned, so without further ado:
Serge Watchers- Creativity
Britches In Stitches- Originality
Rip-Roaring Hearties Chicks- Humor
Cowbelles- Presentation

Eva's S'more Points were awarded to:
Cowbelles- Creativity
Team Squidget- Originality
Britches In Stitches- Humor
Rip-Roaring Hearties Chicks- Presentation

Eva Bourne was sweet enough to squeeze in judging during her busy filming schedule this weekend. She saw all the entries and was kind enough to leave some comments for those who won her S'more points, so see their entries below for her comments. How fun to have both sides of Team Classe judging for us this year! Ben is such a great judge and planner! So far we have had both sides of Team Hickith and now Team Classe...and if we mix it up we could have Jesith and Clakum! Hmm, should we give this information to the writers or not? Let me know what you think Hearties! Onward to this week's submissions about HV Life in the past, present and future! Ben's comments will be in blue. Eva's comments will be in red.


Row House Rebels

 Ben: Gotta love that world-class gazebo—that's gonna take a lot of Coulter Lumber! I actually went back and looked for a 7.e) lol you're thinking WAY outside the box now! The HV kids tipped Hickam's portaloo?!?! btw, Portaloo is a dead giveaway that this team is from outside the US, so I'm onto you... Aussies? Don't answer that. Bill must have checked in his neighbor's pantries for the ingredients to that chicken surprise!


Britches In Stitches

Ben: Disney World seems to be a popular HV community vacation destination! I love the NOPE Valley News! That comet looks kinda familiar... And I love the Froonium shout out. Teddy poops will always be funny🐻💩
Eva:So many good giggles from this one! Obviously the Brownie prank! Hahaha. Oh man. The Baby boom gossip, the cat lady and the crushed Rosemary! Kept me loling :D

HV Chickadees

Ben: Rosemary got promoted from columnist to editor! About time! If Hickam's designing a home, you know it's gonna be for dolls😂 Wow! I love the practical effects for the "Curb Feelers"! You'd better grab the patent for that one. So many great details! Reading the news is so fun in HV!

Constable's Company

Ben: Great job setting up a whole scene!Of course Rosemary's house would be plaid😂Fuzzy dice are a classic... or at least they will be in like 140 years! Did you guys take Jack to see modern Mounty policing? Kind of a busman's holiday!

Cowbelles

Ben: Woh! Monopoly HV edition! Great presentation! That's a whole lotta little Coulters running around the Lego/Duplo mansion! I'm sensing a Coulter baby theme here. It's real subtle but I'm picking up on it... That pot-stirring shows some serious range!
Eva: This one stood out to me right away. The Pot Stirring game is the best idea! I'd like to land on 'go get free pie at Abigail's' any day! I saw that Henry's Soda ;) Bill certainly has some surprises up his sleeve with this recipe...Fantastic work!

Rip-Roaring Hearties Chicks

Ben: A competing HV rag! How exciting! Maybe one can be the morning news and one can handle the evening. Big Ben AND indoor plumbing?!?! Lee really knows how to live. Hickam really tricked out the Coulter family vehicle! It looks like a 60s super hero😂
Great coffee reference! And I bet people will be surprised by Bill's "chicken."Nice prank! Maybe Hickam will finally find those doves now!
Eva: Love the gazette presentation! Nice touch with the 'indoor plumbing'. Definitely gave me a giggle. I feel like that would most definitely be on Rosie's checklist for her dream house. The Cat Mobile! I'm a sucker for animals, especially kitties :) Great job on putting this piece together!

Team Squidget

Ben: That's a tasty looking house! Your answer to #5 is the most honest I've seen yet. Of course you'd take him to meet all the hearties! I have a feeling Bill's chicken surprise would be more effective than the prank!🤢😂 I hope Rosemary doesn't get mad at Hickam for giving Lee some company on the road!
Eva: Wow! What an imagination you guys! I can tell you had a lot of fun putting this together :) Love the road trip idea and Bigfoot hunting?! Come on! Amazing. The Hickam touch to Lee's new car is my fav!

Hope Valley's Hopeful #Hearties

Ben: What's better than one dream home? Three dream homes. Caramel onions are the work of an evil genius. I get that the time machine will let you take Jack to "a long time ago..." but I guess you'll be walking to a "galaxy far far away!"WOOOOOOOH that pot-stirring just blew my mind! And made me sad! Glad nurse Faith is still around though😊

Serge Watchers

 Ben: HV board game #2! And just as fun as the first! Hallmark better jump on this trend! I love the water tower drawing. Is Bill's surprise that he's serving lobster? Fancy! And surprising! Jack's going on a tour of some great cities! Fun! And in a Delorean (not the back to the future time machine mind you, just an actual Delorean)😂😂😂

We started camp with an 8-way tie.  Now in week 3, two teams are battling in 1st place for the second week in a row! It all comes down to next week and really, anyone could win! I can hardly wait to see if Camp ends in a tie! The teams have been phenomenal this year. I am blown away every week with what comes back.



  Next week is going to be so much fun! The only hint I'm giving is it involves socks!  No worries, no socks with sandals!  See you next week #Hearties!


Lee's Plaid Pants
Camp Director









No comments:

Post a Comment