Friday 9 March 2018

Heartie Spotlight- Pam

Heartie Spotlight

Pam Hyer
@Pam_Hyer

This week I am spotlighting another Ohio Heartie! I think if you travel to Ohio, you won't be able to shout Mountie without a Heartie hearing you. Pam hails from Akron, Ohio, which, according to my good friend Traveling Pants (Khakis, not Jeans), is about 45 minutes south of Teri, our spotlight from last week. If you are reading this, and you are an Ohio Heartie, tweet me and let me know where you hail from and we can see if it's regional or if ALL of Ohio is affected by the appeal of WCtH!! So, now onto getting to know the gal of the week! PAM HYER!

Pants- "How did you come across When Calls the Heart?
Pam- "I watched Hallmark movies occasionally before WCTH and had read and seen the Love Comes Softly series and just knew I had to check it out when WCTH started. So I guess I’ve been a #Heartie since day one but didn’t find the groups on Facebook and Twitter until about 2 years ago."

We are so glad you did find the groups! The Heartie community is one of the best! And Twitter is such a fun place to interact with the Hearties!

Pants- "Who are your favorite characters and/or relationships on WCtH?"
Pam- "Favorite characters are, like most, Jack and Elizabeth, but I really do enjoy them all and love the growth I’ve seen in Lee and Rosemary over the seasons. "

I love how Rosemary has changed and grown since coming to Hope Valley. What started as trying to get Jack back, turned into finding the love of her life! She has so much heart and awesome fashion. Remind me to put a petition in to Brian Bird for the red pants from season 1 to come back.

Pants- "What is your favorite story arc from the show?"
Pam- "Hmmm. I guess I love the recurring theme of forgiveness and second chances. Today we’re so hard on ourselves and others."

Yes! Kindness Always! I love that the lessons the children are learning are the same lessons the adults are learning as well. I'm glad the town gave Carson a second chance at his career, and I'm proud of Abigail and Lee for giving Gowen a second chance after all the hardship he has created for them.

Pants- "Now that we have a date for the wedding, what is something you are looking forward to/really want to see?"
Pam- "I wonder what the writers can cook up for marriage difficulties for Jack and Elizabeth? I think it could be entertaining to have Elizabeth and Rosemary expecting children at the same time. I really trust the producers and writers to give us something good."

Oh my. Rosemary already gives Elizabeth enough advice about teaching children, I cringe at what she might say about raising them!

Pants- "What has surprised you so far in Season 5? What would you like to see in the rest of the season?"
Pam- "We’ve had a lot of previews this year so I don’t know that I’m surprised that much by events so far. I’m enjoying the evolution of Henry Gowan from resident bad guy to turning into kind of a decent fellow. I guess time will tell."

Yes, we will have to see if his new attitude and fashion sense sticks!

Pants- "Besides WCtH, what are your top 3 favorite TV shows?"
Pam- "Currently I’m not watching a lot of TV outside of WCTH. I do enjoy the Hunting Hitler series that has been on the History Channel. That part of history fascinates me. Plus MASH for a bit on weeknights."

The History Channel is always a good one. We can learn a lot from our past. And if we watch a series set in the future we can see that we will probably just surrender to the aliens anyways! Kidding!

Pants- "Are there any hobbies you enjoy?"
Pam- "My hobbies include trying to work out pretty regularly. I do a crazy early spin class twice a week that is fun. I also play in my church orchestra pretty much every week. Clarinet, alto sax and flute. I think it’s cool that I get to serve there doing something that I have enjoyed my whole life. Maybe it’s similar to the rush you get from acting."

Supporting Kavan is definitely the best gig I've had in a long time! I think it's wonderful that you get to play in the orchestra! AND 3 intruments! I bet Bill would love to have you in the Hope Valley band!

Pants- "Can you share a Heartie story with us?"
Pam- "I actually went to HFR3 before I made it to any of our Ohio Hearties get togethers."
Pants- "What was your favorite part of HFR3? What surprised you?"
Pam- "I loved all of HFR3! It’s really cool how a bunch of people who haven’t ever met in person before this can become friends so quickly! It was totally cool meeting all the actors as well."

HFR is definitely one of the happiest places on Earth! The Hearties are a magical group where life long friendships are made while waiting in line to hug Daniel Lissing!

A big thank you to Pam for volunteering to be spotlighted and for letting us get to know her a little better! If you are ever near Akron, play an instrument or have a question about Hitler, Pam is the Heartie for you! And as an original Heartie, she may just know where the black hole Cat Montgomery and the other lost Valley-ites are hiding!

Stay tuned for another Friday Blog post next week! If you have any questions you want me to ask my next victim...I mean Heartie, I will be posting a tweet and fb post on Sunday! So, keep an eye out for that!

Thank you again for stopping by!

Lee's Plaid Pants






1 comment: