Friday 2 March 2018

Heartie Spotlight- Teri

Heartie Spotlight

Teri DiVincenzo
@Terirose22


Teri with her Camp Hearties Teammates at HFR2 
Front Row L-R-  @AmyLathen @bec_becbol
Back Row L-R-  @Clarey1225 @LtlPixie @terirose22 @Mrs_Stewart_09
Pictures in the Tree - @Jilarie2 @destinyth0mas @LissieRT


 One of my goals as a Heartie is to help make this ever-growing fan base feel like the wonderful family it is! I love sharing Heartie stories because it shows that we all have a story of how this show has touched us.  And how you might just have more in common than the show! I started Camp Hearties two years ago as a way to continue this movement and get Hearties from all over the globe to get to work together as a team.  Teri was a part of both years of camp and frequently shows up to play along with my Rewatch games. So, I'm glad she agreed to let me share some of her stories. 

Teri grew up in Ohio. And if you remember, last year there were a LOT of Ohio Hearties at Camp. So, I'm sure they must have some fun Hearties Parties! Currently, she is living near Cleveland. I asked her the following questions and she graciously answered! So, it's time to let our hems down and get to know Teri!

Pants- "How did you come across When Calls The Heart?"
Teri- "I started watching WCTH from the pilot movie...I found the Hearties after S1 wondering when it might come back, and the rest is history!"

I'll admit, I get a little jealous of those who were Hearties from the beginning! Why, oh why couldn't Lee have been in Season 1? Although, the fashion was a completely different thing in Season 1, so who knows if I would have made the cut. I do miss Season 1 hats....it would've been nice to have tea with a couple of those hats. But I digress, back to Teri.

Pants- "Who are your favorite characters and/or relationships on WCTH?"
Teri- "My favorite relationships are the ones between Abigail & Elizabeth (best friends rock!) and between Rosemary & Lee. I love that they show how married couples can still have fun together. I love Jack & Elizabeth of course, but I like rooting for the underdog!"

I agree, the writers are fantastic and I also love that they show Lee and Rosemary at home: the good, the mad and the funny. Many think that Jack and Elizabeth are the key relationship in the show, but (and I may get some eggs thrown at me for this) I actually think the friendship between Abigail and Elizabeth is the rock of the show. It was the first relationship Elizabeth made when she came to Hope (then Coal) Valley.

Pants- "Who, if anyone, would you like to see them bring back?"
Teri- "I miss a lot of Hope Valley-ites who have moved on to greener pastures (or black holes, as the case may be)...Cat & Gabe Montgomery in particular, as well as Wyatt Weaver, Carla Noonan & her sweet babies, Laurel & Adam Miller, the Graves-Dunbar Family...they all played a part in making Hope Valley a wonderful place to live."

Season 1 did have some amazing families. I think everyone misses Cat and Gabe! But, at least we know that Jack is helping out her candle business!

Pants- "What is your favorite story arc from the show?"
Teri- "My favorite story arc is (hands down) the Abigail-Cody-Becky storyline. My sister is an adoptions social worker, and my MIL was adopted, so that really touches a chord for me."

It is a wonderful story-line. And it was nice to see Abigail become a mother again and also have a family around her, including Clara.

Pants- "What would you like to see happen in Season 5? Besides the wedding, we ALL know that is happening!"
Teri- "For Season 5 I am really looking forward to seeing some of the past characters make an appearance, beyond that, I just want to see Jack & Elizabeth blissfully happy for a few episodes before the other shoe drops 👠"

Well, as long as we are dropping shoes and not pants! But Hearties, I'm curious what you think the "other shoe" could be?

Pants-"Besides WCTH, what are your top 3 TV shows?"
Teri- "Besides WCTH, my favorite shows are This Is Us, Scorpion, & Timeless"

So, you like to cry, save the world, and then go back in time do it all over again?

Pants- "Are there any hobbies you enjoy?"
Teri- "I love cooking & baking, reading, doing family history research, and being one of the Ohio Hearties admins. And I’m a total Hallmark junky, but don’t tell anyone (poorly kept secret)!"

Ok. I promise I will not tell anyone about the junky part. But the family history research sounds fascinating!

Pants- "Can you share a Heartie story with us?"
Teri- "My favorite Hearties story comes from getting tossed into a strange group of unknown Aussie & US Hearties for the first Camp Hearties. Who knew then that I was actually meeting my sisters! We support & give each other advice, share our failures & triumphs & daily adventures, and generally have become wonderful friends, even 2 years later. 6 of us even got to meet in person in Vancouver for HFR2<see picture above>! I credit it all to WCTH & the Hearties, and to a certain pair of Plaid Pants having our backsides!"

This warms my heart and makes it all worth it! I know there was a team who had a similar experience last year. So, even if all the other teams hated each other, it makes Camp Hearties a success! HFR is such an amazing experience! To have just a few days to be surrounded with Heartie love! I love how we have our community and we support eachother. If only Hope Valley was big enough for all of us to live in!

Thank you, Teri for taking the time to share some of your life with me and with all the Hearties. Teri has always been one that has supported me! She is like a Hearties Belt! Holding me up and giving hugs! I love all my Plaiders and would love the chance to get to know each of you a little more. So, please support these spotlights and I will keep on doing them!

See you on Sunday for #JackIsBack!

Lee's Plaid Pants




No comments:

Post a Comment