Friday 16 March 2018

Heartie Spotlight- Patti N.

Heartie Spotlight

Patricia Nixon
@panixon8
L -R: Erin Krakow, Daniel Lissing, Patricia Nixon

Patricia (Patti) is a Canadian Heartie from Greenwood, Novia Scotia. Greenwood is in the Annapolis Valley, very far from our own little valley in the west. (As you know, Canada is a large and vast country. Although apparently there is a magic portal from Hamilton to Hope Valley 😉.) Patti lives far east in Canada, pretty close to the USA's Maine. So, let's get to know this wonderful Canadian lady a little better!

Pants- "How did you find When Calls the Heart?"
Patti- "I found WCTH after watching Daniel Lissing in A December Bride. Everyone else knew him as Mountie Jack Thornton. I only knew him as Seth Murphy. Netflix Canada had the first 2 seasons. I started watching and I was hooked."

Daniel Lissing is a talented actor. I'm glad that Seth Murphy led you to Mountie Jack! Hallmark saves the day!

Pants- "What are your favorite characters and/or relationships on the show?"
Patti- "My favourite characters would have to be Lee and Rosemary. They are so funny together. I love all the characters though and I couldn't imagine any other actors playing these characters. The casting for this show is superb! "

The casting is amazing! I also have to agree with Rosemary and Lee! Although I'm a little biased, I also have to say the wardrobe for the show is spectacular as well!

Pants- "What has been your favorite story arc in past seasons?"
Patti- "I have a couple of favourites. When the miners come to town (Billy Hamilton). I am a big fan of Andrew Walker. And when Julie comes to town and gets mixed up with Nate Tolliver. I am also a John Reardon fan."

Season 1 is such a gem! The storylines, writing and costumes are so fun! It was a great adventure (even if I didn't come along until Season 2).

Pants- "What are you excited to see AFTER the wedding this season?"
Patti- "I am excited to see if they will have Elizabeth and Rosemary pregnant at the same time at the end of this season so we have something to look forward to in Season 6."

That would be quite the adventure! But I cringe at the dirty diapers, spit up, and other stickiness. Babies are cute... but I really don't want a diaper accident to happen on Lee's lap!

Pants- "I understand that now, thanks to Super Channel, Canadian Hearties can now watch live with the US. Before, how long did you have to wait for a season? And how did you work to get it changed?"
Patti- "I only became aware of WCTH in January 2017. It didn't take me long to binge watch the first 2 seasons. CBC aired Season 3 in the summer of 2017 with a wait time of about 5 months. Imagine waiting that long to see a resolution to the Season 2 finale. 😀. I am so thankful and appreciative of Super Channel for giving Canadian Hearties all four seasons On Demand and airing Season 5 at the same time as the Americans. It is so wonderful to be able to tweet live with the cast and other Hearties on Sunday nights. I have to give credit to Desiree Nelson for spearheading to get Super Channel to air WCTH. I just followed her lead in thanking Super Channel with tweets and on Facebook. I would also like to add how much I am loving the WCTH trivia and Remember when segments in lieu of commercials. 😀"

Super Channel is amazing! If you aren't doing so already, Hearties, please add them to your tweets along with Hallmark Channel. Let's hope other International Hearties can have the same luck in the near future! If you are an International Heartie, get in contact with the admin of your group's fb page and they should be able to direct you to whom you have to contact to help get WCTH current in your country! At least on Netflix! 

Pants- "Besides WCtH, what are some other TV shows you enjoy?"
Patti- "I watch This Is Us, NCIS, & Big Bang Theory"

Those are all great shows! So, you like a side of tears with your science and crime? I have never seen This Is Us, but from what I hear, it definitely keeps Kleenex in business.

Pants- "What are some hobbies you enjoy?"
Patti- "I love to read and I bowl in a 5-pin mixed league with my husband and son and I do Zumba twice a week. Love those Latin beats!"

I challenge you to do some Zumba moves while bowling and see if you can get a strike! And pictures/video, or it never happened! 😉

Pants- "If you could be a writer on WCtH for an episode, what character would you want to write for? What would you have them do?
Patti- "If I could be a writer for an episode I would bring back Gabe Montgomery as a Mountie and married to his childhood crush. Was it Rachel or Cassandra? 😀"

I LOVE this idea! You should definitely tweet this to the writers and Brian Bird. And I think it was Rachel, but you may want to check with some other Hearties since I wasn't around then.

Pants- "Can you share a Heartie story with us?"
Patti- "I have a couple of stories in my short time as a Hearties. I got swept up in the Twitter fun and heard about a Hearties Summer Camp. You may know something about this. 😎. The bus was about to leave when I decided to board and I discovered my camp mates were mostly from Australia and Ohio. Quite exciting. I managed to register in July for the HFR3, finding out after that it sold out in 4 minutes. I told my husband that it would be a once in a lifetime trip but have since decided that I would love to go again. Meeting the cast was wonderful and being on the set was so amazing. It was truly a surreal experience. I even met a couple of fellow Maritimers from New Brunswick. Debbie and Heather Wesselius who helped make the entire experience so wonderful. 😀
Pants- "Were you able to meet any of your Camp Hearties teammates at HFR3?"
Patti- "Yes, I was able to meet a couple of them, one of them was from Australia!"

This is one of the special and unique qualities of the Hearties.  HFR is about meeting the cast, but it is also about meeting each other! And to think you can go to Camp Hearties with Hearties you have just met, from all over the globe, and then a few months later meet them in person! Hearties are amazing and we just keep growing! Thank you Patti for answering my questions and sharing a few things about yourself.  I hope to see you back at camp this year!

Hearties, thank you for stopping by. Please look into some of my past blogs and read up on some other Hearties! 

Lee's Plaid Pants



1 comment:

  1. I’m waiting for that Zumba/bowling video, Patti! I don’t know 5-pin but it sounds like a blast!

    ReplyDelete