Friday 23 March 2018

Heartie Spotlight- Sharon

Heartie Spotlight

Sharon Hobbs
@MarelleHobbs
Sharon in Abigail's Cafe at HFR3

Sharon is a Canadian Heartie living on Vancouver Island in British Colombia. She kindly volunteered to be spotlighted and was a joy to interview! A lot of wonderful things have happened this past week in the Heartie fandom and we got to talk about them! So, let's get on with the Sharon Show!

Pants- "How did you find When Calls the Heart?"
Sharon- " I had heard about WCTH online and in ads on TV and was interested in the show as I had read the books when I was younger. I watched an episode one day while I was on a day off and fell in love immediately. I have faithfully watched every single episode since. And now that @SuperChannel has picked it up I am very excited to have been able to watch S5 and now S6 as well with all the US Hearties. It makes watching and tweeting that much more fun!"

We were all excited to get the news about season 6 this week! Now that Super Channel has confirmed they will be airing it as well we can all relax and enjoy the rest of season 5, knowing it won't end there!

Pants- So we just had our biggest episode ever! The wedding Hearties have been waiting for! Did you watch with anyone?"
Sharon- " Biggest episode is right! I counted down the weeks until the Thatcher Thornton wedding! I think I looked forward to it more than my own wedding! Lol
I typically go down into our den at home with strict instructions not to be bothered for the hour that WCTH is on; so technically no, I didn't watch with anyone. But that being said there are a couple of Hearties ( and ) that I "watch" and tweet/message with while the show is on. We also like to re watch the episodes together for a long distance Heartie Party whenever we feel like we need to spend some time in Hope Valley. "

Hallmark is famous for putting on some great weddings, but that one surely is one of the best! Although, Hope Valley has a bad track record for weddings. The first we saw on the show was almost presided over by a con-man, The Coulters were flooded and the Thorntons had a fire! But I have no worry over the marriages!

I love when Hearties get together and watch and re watch! Twitter is a great way to always feel connected. You can usually find a Heartie willing to watch an episode with you at any time! It is one of the best re-watchable shows I've come across!

Pants- "What was your favorite scene(s) from the wedding episode?"
Sharon- "It's so hard to choose a favorite scene. The whole episode was a dream come true. But if I had to pick one (or three!) I would definitely say hands down my favorite scene was the wedding vows. So beautifully written and delivered. The fact that Dan and Erin wrote those vows themselves for their characters just made them that much more special. I also loved how Pastor Frank didn't even get out "You may kiss the bride" before Jack hauled Elizabeth to him and kissed her. I thought that was so sweet! And I adored how the town came together to pull off the wedding. It really showed how much Jack and Elizabeth are loved and valued by the community. And the dress reveal!!! It was so perfectly done with a genuine reaction from Dan since he hasn't seen it before that very moment. Honestly they all out did themselves. They gave us everything we asked for and more."

It was a very grand episode! It almost felt like a season finale, but we still have half the season left to go! I'm glad we get to see Elizabeth and Jack married for awhile before the hiatus until season 6. But of course there will be some bumps along the way, you know Commissioner Bird always has his pot to stir!

Pants- "Staying on the wedding episode, what surprised you?"
Sharon- " I was and yet wasn't at the same time surprised by how much Lee and Rosie stepped up to help Elizabeth and Jack pull off their wedding. We all know Rosie and Elizabeth had a rocky start to their friendship, but the fact that Rosie was willing to destroy her wedding dress to make Elizabeth's and how Lee was willing to use his own wedding rings for the ceremony just blew me away. They were willing to do whatever it took to see their friends happily married and I really loved that aspect of the episode. "

I am proud to be a part of the Coulter household, They are loyal and selfless. I'm just glad her wedding dress wasn't made of plaid! Although, that would be one awesome fashion statement now that I think about it.

Pants- "What do you look forward to now?"
Sharon- " I am so looking forward to seeing Jack and Elizabeth navigate married life together. Of course everyone wants to see them having a baby right away but not me. I'd like them to have some time just as a newly married couple."

I definitely think there are some Hearties that would agree with you. It will be nice to see them settle down into a new rhythm of being married. We've been able to see that with Lee and Rosie and it has been really nice!

Pants- "Hearties also got the exciting news this week that there will be a season 6!! What would you like to see in season 6?"
Sharon- " I would like to see a romantic interest for Abigail in season six.... And by that I mean Henry Gowan lol. I actually really like Henry (now that he's redeemed himself) and have always seen chemistry between them. And of course towards the end of season six it would be nice to look forward to some baby Thorntons for season 7!"

Henry Gowen is definitely a layered character and hopefully he stays with his current layer. Be a man deserving of Abigail Stanton! I love that you are already talking about season 7. The Hearties train just keeps getting louder, faster and stronger! Hopefully we will get to see some of those babies grow up even!

Pants- "If you could be a character in an episode, who would you want to have your scenes with?"
Sharon- "No competition, if I could have my scenes with anyone the answer would always be Erin Krakow. I so admire her work as an actress and just love her for the amazing and kind person that she is. She seems like she would be a lot of fun to work with and someone who has a lot of knowledge to pass along."

Perfectly said. I think she is really a mythical creature. A unicorn maybe?

Pants- "Who are your favorite characters/relationships on the show?"
Sharon- "My favorite characters are of course Jack and Elizabeth. Their love story is what drew me in to the show in the first place and I have loved every minute of getting to watch their relationship evolve and change and eventually lead them down the aisle.
I also love Henry and Abigail's relationship. Just when you think it's going to go one way, it goes another. I love the unpredictability of it and the fact that there just seems to be a little something between them. I hope to see more intriguing interaction between the two of them in season 6."

I agree, I love that the writers are keeping a lot of mystery around Henry and Abigail this season.

Pants- "What are your top 3 tv shows besides WCtH?"
Sharon- "My top three Tv shows besides WCTH are Murdoch Mysteries, Outlander and Greys Anatomy."

I haven't seen the other two, but I love Outlander! I know quite a few Hearties that are also Outlander fans. The kilts are just amazing!

Pants- "Any hobbies you enjoy?"
Sharon- "My greatest love is reading. I read anything and everything I can get my hands on. I've been known to read 15 books a month. I also love being outdoors riding horses or hiking as well as camping"

Sounds like Sharon would fit right in here in Hope Valley!

Pants- "Would you please share a Heartie story?"
Sharon- "I had been on the Canadian Hearties page for only a short time before another girl, her name is Jennifer Pelletier, and I started commenting back and forth on one of my posts. We then began messaging each other on Facebook and eventually became friends. We talked every single day (mostly about wcth) and even started watching the episodes together over the phone (She is in the US) This went on for months and months. We would message each other, Skype and talk on the phone all without ever meeting. We became very close.
When the planning came up for HFR3 we thought it would be the perfect opportunity to meet in person as well as meet our favorite stars. When the time came I went over to Vancouver and got her from the airport and we had the BEST time at HFR3 together. We had become best friends. She even came back to my house and stayed with me for a few weeks before returning back home. We still talk every day and watch episodes together. She is one of my closest and best friends and I never would have met her if it wasn't for this amazing show and it's fan group's."
From L to R: Sharon, Janette Oke, and Jennifer at HFR3

Hearties are a unique group, the way we find family we never knew we were missing! You and Jennifer should definitely sign up for Camp Hearties this year!

Thank you Sharon for your wonderful answers and letting me, and the rest of the Hearties, get to know you a little better!

Hearties, if you are live tweeting on Sundays, use #CanadianHearties and @SuperChannel in your tweets along with #Hearties and @HallmarkChannel. Thank you!


Forever Yours and Forever Plaid,

Lee's Plaid Pants





 

No comments:

Post a Comment