Friday 1 April 2016

German Heartie Spotlight- Caroline Ickes

International Heartie Spotlight


Caroline Ickes (@linny1205)


     I am declaring it International Hearties Week! All of my spotlights will be with International Hearties and first on my list is German Heartie Caroline! Caroline lives a double life in Germany, living in Esson during the week and spending the rest of the time in Seligenstadt where her family and friends also live.  She was very kind to answer my questions, so let's get on with it and learn more about Caroline!

Pants" How did you find When Calls The Heart?"
Caroline"Amazon Prime recommended it to me, based on my current watch list at the beginning of January this year. It was a Sunday evening and it set me on fire when Jack made his first entrance 😅"

     You are not alone Caroline. Many a Heartie was set on fire when that handsome Mountie rode in on his horse.  Not to mention the lovely Ms. Thatcher, although she hated to admit it at first!  

Pants "What are your favorite characters?"
Caroline "That's a tough one. I think every character is special in it's own way. Of course I fell in love with Jack, Elisabeth and Abigail. But over Season 2&3 Rosemary and Lee grew to my heart as well"

     Rosemary and Lee tend to do that to people, in the best way, like a loving high maintenance Poodle and a loyal Scotty dog in a plaid sweater.

Pants "Who is your favorite couple on WCTH?"
Caroline "Jack and Elisabeth for sure... I thought about it a lot and I wish I had figured out a very surprising unique answer. But it is what it is Jack and Lizzy."

     No problem with your answer! Now, if you had gone with Lee & Molly , THAT would've been surprising and unique! They were very cute together, even if they were faking it! Her dresses are so nice and friendly! Not bossy...not that Rosemary's dresses are bossy...no they are wonderful! I'm still a little unsure about sharing a wardrobe with them though...

Pants "What hobbies do you enjoy?"
Caroline "Since I travel a lot between both my "homes" I enjoy reading and audio-books very much. I love spending time with my loved ones - cooking and having dinner together. I'm very interested in taking photos and my latest hobby is getting in shape for the next JPMorgan Corporate Chase run in Frankfurt, which is 5.6 km "

     Anyone else tired? I applaud you for attempting a marathon. Anything farther than the office to the Saloon is a marathon to me! I am very happy that I am not running shorts, sweat is gross! I like a desk job.

Pants "Besides WCTH, what are your top 3 tv shows?"
Caroline "I'm a BIG Fan of Downton Abbey, Sherlock (with Benedict Cumberbatch) and I also like things like House of Cards, or Once Upon a Time... A pretty crazy mix "

     Definitely crazy since it includes Sherlock, Mad Hatter, Cora, Rumple and Gowen. Can you imagine that show mashup? Gowen & Gold- partners! I'm sure Richard Manning could do something amazing with that! Team FloMoDo & the Charmings working together to save the world!

Pants "If a Heartie traveled to Germany, and only had 3 days, where should they go?"
Caroline ": First you should come to Frankfurt (close to my hometown). It is also called "Mainhatten" because of the skyline... So if you are in Frankfurt, you should go to a part of the city called "Sachsenhausen" and taste some traditional Frankfurt food called "Handkäs' mit Musik" and "Äbbelwoi"
     Second day... I would suggest Hamburg. Take a walk at the "Landungsbrücken" on the harbor of Hamburg... Amazing! I love that city.
And third? A place that I love since I was a child, is Schloss Neuschwanstein. But I guess the castle of Ludwig II of Bavaria is well known. You get the best view of the castle when you stand on the "Marienbrücke".. a bit of a hike but the best view ever!"
      Sounds beautiful Caroline! Maybe Lee will take me there one day! Rosemary would love to see a castle! Probably move us in the next week!

Pants "How do the German Hearties watch the current season?"
Caroline "There is a small group of us watching Season 3 online. It all started with me, meeting another Heartie in Wiesbaden to share the latest episode on my computer - since she had no access to it... It is more fun to watch and discuss together than watch it on your own. And after that, we talked to some other hearties who watched it online as well. So now we have a "meeting" every Monday, 7 p.m. German time. So actually everybody is sitting at their home with laptop and smartphone and we start on a short countdown like that.. "everybody ready? yes, lets do it in three, two, one.." and everyone pushes the start button and the fun begins. We chat about it on facebook chat during we watch it online. it is a funny mix between german and english. And is so great to talk about it while watching... I guess it is a bit like you tweeting with the hearties on Sunday night I suppose?!

     It does sound like our tweeting sessions, only more intimate and probably easier to follow. Twitter tornado Sundays are pretty crazy! I love that you have come together and found a way to watch the current season! True Hearties! 

Pants " Is there anything else you would like to share with the Hearties?"
Caroline ": I, speaking for the HeariesofGermany, love to share our Group. Everybody is very welcome to us and we love to share the German way of loving the show"

Hearties, please check out the Hearties of Germany Facebook page! They are all very sweet and welcoming!

Caroline, Thank you so much for sharing! I hope our efforts to get WCTH worldwide will help and soon it will be aired worldwide!




Lee Coulter's Pants



 

No comments:

Post a Comment