Saturday 26 March 2016

Spotlight- Melissa Hall

Heartie Spotlight

Melissa Hall ( @heartieshope2)



     Melissa grew up in Wisconsin, but has recently moved to Fayetteville, North Carolina.  She was on fire with my Re-watch challenge this week and was very sweet to answer all my nosy questions! I hope you enjoy Hearties!

Pants " What caused the move from Wisconsin?"
Melissa "My husband is a History Teacher and the schools here needed more teachers so that is one of the main reasons we moved here. The second reason we moved here is for the warmer climate. We were not liking the cold weather so much anymore. As for me, I am a Caregiver for Home Instead Senior Care."

  I wonder if he has the "scary teacher face" like our lovely Ms. Thatcher?

Pants "How did you find When Calls The Heart?"
Melissa " I found WCTH while I was watching a Hallmark Movie. There was a preview for the show and it looked like something I would be interested in watching. The show reminded me of Little House on the Prairie and I always enjoyed watching that show. Little House and WCTH are similar in that they both are family friendly shows, they both teach good values and overall they are good hearted shows. That is something that I thought was pretty great. So, I was definitely hooked after the first episode of WCTH. "

I love the messages both shows give! And who knew Nellie Olson grew up into Henry Gowen!? Sorry...I know, second chances, redemption, he's an onion. But even with all the layers, onions still have a strong odor and make you cry!

Pants "What are your favorite WCTH characters?"
Melissa "I really like all the characters on WCTH, but my 3 favorite would have to be Abigail, Elizabeth and Rosemary. These are my top 3 because I can relate to all three of them. Abigail is so sweet , has a good heart and she sees the good in others even when the person may not be the best .She also is someone that you can open up to about anything and she will listen and will be non judgmental. I feel I am the same way. 
Elizabeth also is sweet and caring. She is very nurturing towards her students and other people. She is soft spoken like me, but when needed she stands up for what is right . 
I love Rosemary because of her bubbly personality. Sometimes her personality can be over the top and her excitement over the top, but she truly is a genuine person. I see myself a lot in Rosemary with my bubbly personality. I also get really excited about things and passionate about things and it is sometimes hard to stop.  
I was going to include your owner Lee as one of my favorite characters as well, but I didn't want to make it seem I was saying that because you as his pants are writing this blog. Lee does seem tough on the outside but definitely has a soft spot when it comes to Rosemary:) He is truly a gentleman. "

Buttering me up eh? That might help if I were a pair of tight leather pants. Just don't try powder and lotion together, I hear it makes an awful paste.

Pants " Who is your favorite couple on the show?"
Melissa "I like Jack and Elizabeth as a couple. I love their back and forth banter between each other. I love how Elizabeth blushes when she sees Jack. Seeing them together is wonderful and how they look at each other is very romantic. They are the perfect couple and I think people relate to that because everyone wants a perfect and ideal relationship. But not everything is perfect so they also portray a normal couple with some jealousy and trust issues. Also, they fight like a normal couple .   My second couple is Rosemary and Lee. They just compliment each other . They kind are like opposites attract. Lee is this serious business man and Rosemary is over the top and she sometimes has far fetched ideas, but they help each other out.. Rosemary gets Lee excited about different things. On the other side Lee is able to help Rosemary look at all angles and encourages her to think things through before she commits herself to an idea. Although, sometimes Rosemary does what she wants and that's okay too.
The couples that have surprised me the most recently are Bill and Dottie and Abigail and Pastor Frank. I really hope that Abigail and Pastor Frank can work things out. Both couples deserve the best."

Awwww, the romance, the kisses, the fights, the lack of proposals....

Pants "What are some hobbies you enjoy?"
Melissa "My hobbies are traveling, with my husband, going to the movies with my husband, and reading romance novels."

Do you watch WCTH with your husband as well? Being a history teacher, I bet he enjoys it!

Pants "Besides, WCTH, what are your top 3 tv shows?"
Melissa "When Calls the Heart is on the top of my list of shows to watch. I do also like watching The Goldbergs which reminds me of my childhood, Grey's Anatomy, and Supergirl."

I love the diversity! Imagine if we mashed them up into an 80's medical show where the star surgeon was always saving the world! And every week a stage coach rolls into town bringing a new villain to thwart her happiness! I would watch that.

Pants "Is there anything else you would like to share with the Hearties?"
Melissa " I am so happy to have found When Calls the Heart. I want to thank those wonderful ladies who started the fan page. It is really neat to be able to connect with other people who share the same passion for a show. It is truly unbelievable how one show can bring so many people together. I am so proud to be a Heartie:)"

I love being a Heartie! We truly do have something special. We even have a Papa Heartie...like Papa Smurf! Except, we aren't blue...we don't have matching hats (which could totally be arranged though) and we don't follow only one aspect of our personality. But other than that, totally like the smurfs!

Thank you Melissa for answering my questions and letting me get to know you a little better! I hope you continue to enjoy North Carolina, especially this summer...when you're a puddle!



Lee Coulter's Pants




No comments:

Post a Comment