Friday 11 March 2016

International Heartie Spotlight- Evelyn Meyer

International Heartie Spotlight 
Evelyn Meyer ( @Emeyer2610)


     Each week I am hoping to Spotlight one of our International Hearties.  They often have to think outside of the box to view current episodes! Let's celebrate them!  Evelyn was gracious enough to answer my questions so that I could share her story with you!

Pants " Where do you live?"
Evelyn "I live in St. Louis, but I am originally from Germany, from Linkenheim, which is a smaller town about 10 miles north of Karlsruhe, a larger city on the northern edge of the beautiful Black Forest in South Western Germany."

     Sounds beautiful Hearties! Send a tweet to @Emeyer2610 and myself if you've ever been to Germany! #InternationalHearties

Pants "How did you find When Calls The Heart?"
Evelyn "Netflix suggested it to me. That was very kind of it and for once it was right on the mark of what I would LOVE watching. ☺"

     Netflix can be so sweet! And the way it will just play the next episode for you! Very helpful! 

Pants" What are you favorite characters from WCTH?"
Evelyn "That is a really tough one. I love them all, but of course for very different reasons.
I love Abigail’s courage and strength. I love Elizabeth, the teacher. I am an educator and will steal some of her teaching methods! And she’s funny and witty, and I love how she now fits into Hope Valley and knows who she is, not just what she wants. I love Jack! But then who doesn’t! Integrity, courage, strength, tenderness, hilarious sense of humor. Oh, but wait, where was he to make my knees feel better after I fell not so long ago? Nowhere in sight! ☹ I love Molly and Rosaleen-that episode from season 1 was so touching and moving! I want more of them! I love Florence, despite her meddling and gossipy ways, she is so genuine! Rosemary and Lee, they crack me up, so sassy, but their romance is also so tender! Hickam needs to stand up to Rosemary and just say “NO!!!!!”, but I laugh a lot at how he always wants to please her. The Hope Valley Kids-I love them all, esp. Emily, Opal, Cody, Rosaleen, Gabe, Laura- ah, to be a kid again! Clara and Jesse: Clara is really coming into her own and developing inner strength and the effect she has on Jesse, oh my! Lots of good eye-staring! Hey, where is Ned Yost in Season 3? Miss him! He needs more than just mercantile stories! Bill-intrigued by what he will do in Season 3 now that he gave up being a Mountie. Mayor Gowen-I’d hate his guts in real life, but I love him on the show. I wonder what all his deep dark secrets are. I’m glad Abigail rallied the town around Pastor Frank! and Elizabeth’s lesson for Mayor Gowen, oh my! That was most excellent! Frank is a very good pastor, and we all have a past! And Nurse Faith Carter can be my nurse anytime I’m sick! thankfully, that is not all too often. And Charles, he’s a good man, perfect for Hamilton. I had no issue with him, well, except for that proposal thingy at the end of season 2-even though I totally get why he proposed. Come on, who wouldn’t want to propose to the lovely Elizabeth Thatcher! I hope that Dottie will come into her own, free from the shadows of the men who have been over her. And I miss Cat Montgommery! And whomever I forgot to mention above, it’s not you! I really love you too-blame my faulty memory! it can handle it!" 

I would like to add...NOTHING! Evelyn said it perfectly! These characters grip you and make you keep watching!

Pants "Besides WCTH, what are your 3 favorite TV shows?
Evelyn "I grew up entirely without TV, so even to this day, I don’t watch much TV and until recently, intentionally did not have cable TV. But I wanted to be able to watch WCTH when it aired and not have to wait until a later time, so I got cable TV right before Christmas. So the only shows I’ve really gotten behind recently are WCTH and Downton Abbey. Too bad it has come to an end. And Fuller House, if you can count it as a TV show, since it’s released on Netflix. And I wish I could watch the German TV program “Tatort” more often than I can, but international rights and living a continent away-complicated!"

I'm sure Netflix will continue to point you in the right direction!

Pants "What hobbies do you enjoy?
Evelyn "I read, run, paint, sketch, knit, bake, cook, spending time with my friends, travel, explore new languages and cultures, spend time outdoors in our beautiful nature, play with my cat, the lovely Countess Chloé Cat.
When Calls the Heart has inspired me to pick up painting again, since November I’ve painted 9 watercolors and a silk scarf. I have a lot more ideas, but this is a very busy semester. Boo!"

Boo Indeed! I would love to see some of these WCTH inspired watercolors! 

Pants "Do you watch WCTH with anyone?"
Evelyn "Usually alone on Sundays, well, alone with my cat, if she chooses to join me. But I do discuss the episode with my friend who is never in town for the weekend, i.e. we don’t get to watch the show together. And some other friends are still playing catch up. But they are now in Season 2. Recently, when I can, I started watching it on Mondays, when the are able to watch it together. It’s their evening, but it’s in the middle of the day for me, so I can’t always do that with them. But it’s great fun to watch simultaneously with them, since we watch it in English, but chat about it in German through at the same time. So far the language confusion has remained minimal. "

This is wonderful! Hearties if you haven't discovered the Hearties of Germany, please reach out! They have a facebook page and are on twitter. They are very sweet!

Pants "Is there anything else you would like to share with the Hearties?"
Evelyn "Follow your hearts to Sundays and get all your friends to follow along with you! After all, we do want WCTH to continue on for a very long time, but let’s work on getting Season 4 first! Follow your dreams and what you are passionate about and be grateful for all your blessings! And be prepared for the path that takes you into another direction than you planned. I never imagined staying in the US, more than that original 1-year study abroad. Then I was going to get the heck out of here and go back home to Europe. But that year transformed me and led me into a different direction, one that has been very good! It didn’t come without sacrifices, but the blessings far outweigh them. Be open to where life’s road takes you and don’t over plan your life.
     And thank you to the fabulous creators and writers and the production team behind When calls the Heart, esp. Brian Bird and Michael Landon Jr.!"

A wonderful thing about life is discovering where our path will take us! Of course there will be bumps but the blessings will be there Hearties! And of course we know our Hearts will lead us to Sundays! Keep sharing, keep tweeting, let's keep expanding the Hearties! We are all over the globe and we can soon take over the world...well ok, maybe just Sunday night ratings!


Thank you Evelyn for answering my questions and sharing your journey with me.


Lee Coulter's Pants



     

No comments:

Post a Comment