Friday 18 March 2016

Friday Spotlight-Joann Mattei

Friday's Heartie Spotlight 

Joann Mattei (@jomattei18)

     Joann was one of the winners of my Live-Viewing Challenge this week and very graciously answered some questions.  She hails from West Caldwell, New Jersey and here is her Heartie story.  

Pants "How did you find When Calls The Heart?"
Joann "My wonderful husband of 27 years actually found WCTH on Netflix for me. He knows how much I love historical romance so he's always on the lookout for films or tv shows that would indulge the hopeless romantic in me. What makes this discovery so special to me is that he binge watched both seasons with me within a matter of days! ❤️ Needless to say, I was hooked within 5 minutes, and became a #Heartie quickly after that."

Now that is a loving husband Hearties! And again we have our best friend Netflix at work for the cause!

Pants "What is your favorite character (s) from WCTH?"
Joann" I have so many characters that I love on the show but Jack and Elizabeth hold a special place in my heart. I have always believed in good old fashioned courting and romance where in the end boy gets girl, it's that simple for me, since I was blessed enough to have experienced that myself. My hubby and I met 30 years ago when I was in Italy on vacation, we wrote the most beautiful letters to each before going back there to get married 2 years later. So you see, I understand a thing or two on love at first sight and the trials that go along with a long distance romance. I figured if we could cross oceans,Jack and Elizabeth could make it through anything also! Although I can't deny that the twists and turns have to happen to keep us coming back for more. I so admire the qualities in Jack starting with his loyalty to protect Hope Valley and love for his Elizabeth when he built her the schoolhouse. In turn Elizabeth is such a sweet, kind and wonderful role model for her students and I've been able to relate her lessons to our own classroom in this day and age . Abigail also comes to mind when I think of a thoughtful, strong and nurturing woman. Who wouldn't want her for their mother? WCTH has such beautiful lessons in their storylines and at the end of the day, you just feel good after you've watched one or ten episodes in a row. My hope is for WCTH to continue first for season 4, and then for many years to come. It would truly be a keepsake to pass onto generations to come."

Sounds like Joann could find a job on the writing team at When Calls The Heart! Jack and Elizabeth could do with writing some love letters!
  I agree Joann! When Calls The Heart will be among the great shows our 
children will watch with their children! Move over Dr. Quinn! Here comes Constable Thornton! Wonderful examples of character and fashion!

Pants "What hobbies do you enjoy?"
Joann " I enjoy spending time reading, traveling, cooking, baking and most of all spending time with the people I love."

Hearties, that is an impressive list! Maybe Joann can give Elizabeth some cooking lessons since Abigail is so busy with Cody!  

Pants "Where is your favorite place to travel?"
Joann "Probably Italy since I have a house there, and I met the love of my life there."

All Hearties on 3: 1, 2, 3...Awwwwww!


Pants "Besides WCTH, what are your top 3 tv shows?"
Joann "Some of my other favorite tv shows include The Middle, Parenthood and Friends, of course I can't leave out Everyone Loves Raymond since I am 100% Italian ."

Sounds like Joann has a great sense of humor! And 100% Italian means the cooking she loves to do is going to be YUMMY!

Pants "Is there anything else you would like to share with the Hearties?"
Joann "I have two grown boys, one of which is an undergraduate and the other earning a PHD, which essentially makes me an empty nester but I don't use that word. This is another transition and growing experience in life. Along with that came When Calls the Heart. ❤️"

     Joann, sounds like you should be one proud momma! Are either of your boys single? There is a very nice nurse we would like to introduce them to!
   I'm so happy that you were able to find When Calls The Heart and  you are now a part of our fun family of Hearties!  Thank you for answering my questions and letting me share your Heartie story. 

    Hearties it sounds like we should all go on over to Joann's house one Sunday! She has plenty of room and loves to cook!  

    


Lee Coulter's Pants





No comments:

Post a Comment